Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Spring & growth are in the air


Happy 2nd day of spring!!

Being (quite literally) allergic to all trees and grass types, I relate to this meme more than I would like to admit.

There is no denying however, just how absolutely beautiful the weather is! Being that winter never really made its way to the southwest, I could say that spring has been here since the new year begun. But I digress . . . my point is that I am very happy the sun has finally come out to play. I took a pleasant little walk today, and am thankful for the chance to drink in the warmth, the cool breeze, and the sun's gorgeous rays (fully protected by sunscreen of course). I never can be gloomy for too long when it is this lovely outside. :)

And I've digressed once more . . .

Since my last post, both my work and home life have been full, full, full, leaving me one busy bee. I have an odd sense that I say this nearly all the time. When I am not tied to my work desk (or home office desk, knocking out some over time), I am sweating it out at the gym (or at home. more to come on this!), spending time with my husband, expanding my soul knowledge (more on that too!), or burying my nose in one of the following books.


(1) Tribal Leadership by  Dave Logan,  John King, &  Halee Fischer-Wright
(2) State of Wonder by Anne Patchett
(3) How Google Works by Eric Schmidt & Jonathan Rosenberg
(4) The Maze Runner by James Dashner
(5) The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

You may have noticed that my "currently reading" list has grown lol. When I set a personal challenge, I really like to dive right in! The difference about this round of goal setting versus any other time, can be summed up in one word. Accountability. Using my journal, iPhone reminders, social media (FB and this blog mainly), I am making sure to keep each of my goals top of mind. Positive self talk helps too. In the past, I have said many not-so-nice things to myself, as retribution for not fully meeting a goal. It is no surprise that putting myself down has never once aided me.

Now I am not saying that everyday is rainbows and sunshine. That would just be an outright lie. L o n g workdays. Menu/meal planning. Running errands. Household chores. Taking care of the fur kids. Sending time with husband. Gym time. Etc . . . Etc . . . It can all be so draining, and discouraging to then make time for personal growth. But what worth anything in life comes easy? When the terrain gets rocky, it's high time to lace up your hiking boots and trek on into the horizon.

There are a plethora of quotes to back this up. I leave you with the three that really resonate with me at this moment in time.


How are you enjoying this lovely spring weekend?

HHF Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment