Saturday, January 3, 2015
the return
Hello bloglandia, and happy new year. Welcome to 2015!
I cannot believe 2014 came and went with what feels like a mere blink of an eye. But back to that at a later time . . .
After an extensive break (nearly four months) and countless hours of a tennis-like rally playing back and forth in my brain, I've decided to rejoin the blogosphere. When I last wrote, I had every intention of picking right up after the big move. Obviously, that didn't happen. What did happen is what I am calling a mid-blog crisis. It's real, and it happened to this girl . . .
For quite some time before my last post, I'd felt like my blog had no direction. No focus. No real aim. When creating it, I did not initially group myself into any particular category. As I took the plunge and delved into the land of blogging, I found that I gravitated towards healthy living sites. Now, I am not typically one to measure myself against others, but I found myself doing exactly that. What was I? What category did I fit into?
At times, I have used my blog to track workouts. Not religiously though. And never consistently. Compared to the mass of bloggers who do track each and every workout like clockwork, I felt my attempts fell short. In past posts, I have shared weekly meal plans, or recipes that pop up on my "to experiment with" list. Other bloggers do too, and often times in much more depth than I ever have. Again, one more tick on the "just didn't measure up" board.
And then there's the lifestyle aspect. Yes, I enjoy living healthy. I am an active person. I love the burn of a great workout, that rejuvenating rush after yoga, the satisfaction of preparing a wholesome, good-for-the-body set of meals. I also like hanging out with my husband and friends, sometimes consequently skipping a scheduled workout, or eating something other than what I meal planned for the week. I am foodie by nature with a sweet tooth to boot. But . . . Healthy lifestyle bloggers cannot be foodies, and rarely ever skip a workout. At least that's what I feel the word on the healthy living blogosphere street is . . . I eat red meat on occasion. And dessert (did I mention that sweet tooth?). Two more no-nos in the fit world . . . And I'll admit it, there is nothing like kicking back in front of the ol' tube and just vegging. Or socializing over a smooth malbec, mouthwatering craft beer, or prohibition-inspired cocktail. There. I said it. This girl enjoys a good drink. In moderation or not, time and time again I have read fit bloggers' preach the evils of these empty-calorie-containing demons.
So where does that leave me in the grand scheme of healthy-living bloglandia? To be honest, I am still not 100% certain. What I do know is that I don't care. I am who I am, and I am happy, healthy, and fit. ;)
Now, I am not saying I have something against those who live and breathe clean eating, and/or are entirely dedicated to their workout regiment. In fact, they amaze me, and I will continue to look up to them. All I am saying, is my version of healthy living is not as strict.
I began this blog to share my journey towards my happy, healthy, and fit. It's funny how at 29, I still find I sometimes have to remind myself that I don't need to fit in anywhere. Don't need to slap a label on what I do and don't do. This is my story. My life. This is it. This is me. And I resolve to be happy and content with just that.
For those who want to follow along as I share the journey of a not-so-perfect girl and her adventures in life, love, fitness, and food, I welcome you.
Peace. Love. Happiness.
YK (my new initials as a married woman!)
Labels:
life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment